It’s about relationship
At Bread of Life, we do not view membership as “ownership”, but rather a covenant relationship between believers that operate in unity as God designed for the training and edification of the members, and to fulfill the commandments of Christ.
1. I will protect the unity of my church.
– By acting in love toward other members
– By refusing to gossip
– By following the leaders
Reference scriptures: Romans 15:19, Romans 15:5, 1 Peter 1:22, Ephesians 4:29, Hebrews 13:17
2. I will share the responsibility of my church.
– By praying for its growth
– By inviting the unchurched to attend
– By warmly welcoming those who visit
Reference scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 1:2, Luke 14:33, Romans 15:7
3. I will serve in the ministry of my church.
– By discovering my gifts and talents
– By being equipped to serve by my pastors
– By developing a servants heart
Reference scriptures: 1 Peter 4:10, Ephesians 4:11-12
4. I will support the testimony of my church.
– By attending faithfully
– By living a Godly life
– By giving regularly
Reference scriptures: Hebrews 10:25, Philippians 1:27, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Leviticus 27:30